Breastfeeding can be challenging! It does not always happen naturally or “the way it should.” Believe me, I know!
Nowadays there are amazing products that help make your breastfeeding journey a lot easier and enjoyable. Preparing yourself in advance with a few of these will help prepare your mind positively for your journey ahead… I know it did for me.
- Create a “Breastfeeding Board” on Pinterest and pin motivational quotes, tips for successful breastfeeding and more. This helps prepare your mind positively, educates you and is nice to refer back to on your more difficult days. The images below are ones my amazing lactation consultant sent me for days after I arrived home with Ava. Her motivational texts and constantly checking in with me had a huge positive impact on me.
- Get in touch with a great lactation consultant. They really are amazing! I can recommend mine if you would like. She was my rock, a fantastic support, motivator and cheerleader.
- Spend some money on yourself and buy beautiful nursing bras. I bought a few pretty ones from Bras ‘n Things and ordered a few from Sophie and Jane (follow their Instagram page).
- Spend some more money on yourself and buy the Breastfeeding Box from The Mummary (follow her Instagram page). This box is stunning and the mama who curates these boxes has put a great deal of thought into it, knowing exactly what a breastfeeding mama needs.
All the above products are also sold separately on The Mummary’s website. These products are all tried and tested by me and I highly recommend them.
- Lastly, I recommend taking vitamins – because a breastfeeding mama needs to keep herself going and keep herself feeling strong. The image below shows an energy tonic I still drink everyday, along with a tea I have been enjoying too.